SWITCH ON SERVICE is aimed at developing and maintaining positive service attitudes in all staff that provide service to internal or external customers, whether it be face to face, on the phone or online.
It is ideal for developing effective communication and service skills. It can be used for induction, team building and supervisor training.
SWITCH ON SERVICE is ideal for training seminars, short meetings, conferences, workshops and for one on one motivational coaching or self-development online.
The SWITCH ON SERVICE program has four segments:
Segment 1 explores ways to avoid blaming and overcome frustrations
Segment 2 provides strategies for managing pressure
Segment 3 helps people handle complaints and avoid service burnout
Segment 4 covers skills and actions for managing difficult customers and challenges
Managers and trainers can use the content and activity sheets to help their people ‘audit’ their negative messages and develop and sustain positive messages and positive service attitudes.
Key Learning Points
A range of key learning points can be made using this program that are general to positive thinking and behavior and also specific to service attitudes:
- We all have a range of positive and negative thoughts and ‘messages’
- Some messages are voiced some remain as underlying thoughts
- We all have the power to choose our own mood and attitudes
- We can switch on positive respectful messages if we choose
- Positive thoughts usually underpin positive actions and enhance wellbeing at work
- Our mood and attitude impact those around us
- Everyone contributes to the culture of the organization
- Leaders need to lead by example and provide excellent service to their team
- A positive culture at work is motivating and performance is improved
- When service staff have a positive mindset they switch on to deliver quality service
- Staff will solve problems and welcome customers more effectively when they feel positive