"Age is something that doesn't matter unless you're a cheese... (Billie Burke)
Does age matter where you work? Is everyone treated fairly? Is your diversity policy being implemented effectively?
Both young and old can be discriminated against because of their age. But legislation now makes it unlawful to do so directly or indirectly. And employing people of all ages makes good business sense.
As Old As You Feel is an amusing general awareness raiser. It demonstrates the team leader's role in promoting a positive approach to age in particular, and diversity in general.
Key Learning Points
- how age discrimination affects people of all ages
- the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations
- the benefits of a positive approach
- the implications for the manager-s job
- age awareness
- diversity and equal opportunities
- managing diversity
- management skills- interviewing, performance review
- managers and team leaders for managing diversity
- all staff for age awareness
- light-hearted animation
- group training sessions and age awareness workshops
- self-study / e.learning
- 10 minute video
- commentary by Jenni Murray
- user guide with detailed training notes and presentation slides