Research for Writers: Advanced English Composition incorporates lively interviews with practitoners in a wide variety of writing fields from law to poetry. To illustrate:
- The Argumentative Paper: An attorney is interviewed about preparing an argument for court.
- The Explication: An award-winning poet reads and explains his work.
- Journalism vs. Essays: Newspaper editors and editorial writers provide insight from their busy offices.
- Electronic Sources: Information technologists offer suggestions for evaluating online sources.
- Drug use among athletes
- Violence in the schools
- Clothing as a form of identity
- Modern day rites of passage
- Graffiti and billboards as expressions of public art
- Public politeness vs. road rage
- Same sex parenting
- Death penalty alternatives
- Home schooling pros and cons